We are so honored to be able to sell Polywood furniture. They are an amazing company to work with and their products are second to none. They love the planet and we love them.
Their Story: Genuine POLYWOOD
gen•u•ine (adjective): truly what something is said to be; authentic
Back in 1990, we were the first to create outdoor furniture from recycled plastic materials. “Made with genuine POLYWOOD lumber” is a brand promise — our furniture is built to be enjoyed season after season after season. But more importantly, our goal is to help create spaces where friends and family can gather, relax, and connect.
In the late 1980’s government mandated recycling programs were in full swing. As the use of plastic in the U.S. grew, the need to transform the overabundance of recycled plastic into something new was greater than ever. High-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic, in particular, is extremely durable and weather resistant. Outdoor furniture was the perfect application.
Today, POLYWOOD recycles an average of 400,000 milk jugs per day. Truckloads of recycled milk jugs are transformed into genuine POLYWOOD lumber which is then used to construct our wide array of Adirondack chairs, rocking chairs, benches, gliders, deep seating, dining, and more!
POLYWOOD furniture is built to withstand all four seasons and a range of climates including hot sun, snowy winters, salt spray, and heavy winds. Unlike traditional wood furniture, POLYWOOD furniture will never need to be sanded, painted or stained.
POLYWOOD by the Numbers
POLYWOOD Furniture has been proudly made in Syracuse, Indiana since we were founded in 1990.
We process about 30,000 milk jugs an hour and average over 400,000 milk jugs per day!
Our waste stream is 99% recycled: glass, plastic bottles, cardboard, shrink wrap, fasteners, fabric, resin, aluminum, paper, pallets and the plastic lumber scrap from our production lines.
Our first piece of furniture was the Adirondack chair. We now offer 16 different styles (and counting) of this iconic chair, so you can choose the perfect look for your space and create your own backyard getaway.
Our furniture is built to last and backed by a 20-year warranty. POLYWOOD furniture resists stains and corrosive substances, and isn’t prone to splinter, crack, chip, peel, or rot.
With the launch of our second production and shipping facility in North Carolina, we’re on track to provide over 750 American jobs by 2022.
20-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Poly-Wood, LLC, (hereinafter “Poly-Wood”), warranties to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”) that, for a period of twenty (20) years for residential use and one (1) year for commercial use from the date of original invoice, under normal use and service conditions, POLYWOOD® brand high-density polyethylene (HDPE) products shall be free from material defects, and shall not splinter, crack, chip, peel, rot, or suffer structural damage from insect infestation. Further, Poly-Wood warranties that for a period of 30-days from date of purchase all POLYWOOD products shall be free from defects related to workmanship
- Welds and Joints are warranted to not break or crack for 5 years of residential use, 1 year of commercial use
- Powder coat finish is warranted to not peel for 5 years of residential use, 1 year of commercial use
- Hardware used in production or assembly of POLYWOOD products is warranted to not break for 5 years of residential use, 1 year of commercial use
- Woven inserts are warranted to not crack or rot for 5 years of residential use, 1 year of commercial use
- Sling fabric is warranted from becoming non-functional because of loss of dimensional stability from exposure conditions including sunlight, mildew, rot and abnormal atmospheric conditions for 3 years of residential use, 1 year of commercial use. Abnormal or excessive discoloration and fading is covered. It does not cover discoloration from atmospheric pollution or other debris.
- Cushions are warranted to be free from workmanship or material defects for 30 days from purchase. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear effects on the cushions, which are received by regular use of the cushions. Neither does it cover damage due to unauthorized repairs or alterations, negligence, misuse or abuse, improper assembly and acts of God.
- Umbrella canopies are warranted to be free from workmanship or material defects for 30-days from purchase. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear effects on the canopy, which are received by regular use of the canopy. Neither does it cover damage due to unauthorized repairs or alterations, negligence, misuse or abuse, improper assembly and acts of God.
- The umbrella frame and base are not covered under the POLYWOOD warranty.
LOCKING DOWN FURNITURE:
- Warranty will remain valid if a bench has been anchored to the ground, which is ideal for commercial properties, creating holes in the side of bench legs. Suggested anchor materials include stainless steel hardware with a stainless or aluminum bracket, painted or unpainted material. It’s best to utilize the appropriate pilot hole when screwing into the POLYWOOD material. (Click to view example)
The following items are specifically excluded from the POLYWOOD limited warranty. Poly-Wood shall not be liable for any failure, defect or damage resulting from or connected with the following:
- Fading, color change or color match – POLYWOOD HDPE products are made with UV-stabilizers to minimize fading; however, upon exposure to the sun all colors will fade to some degree. To minimize possible fading: keep product covered, utilize cushions where applicable, minimize direct sunlight by storing product when not in use or use a UV-protectant
- Rust or corrosion of stainless steel or zinc coated steel hardware (please see Cleaning/Maintenance information for details on how to maintain your hardware)
- Rust or corrosion of steel frames
- Assembly or handling of products after they leave our factory, including any lack of performance or improper performance in any way by the dealer or assembler
- Abnormal use of the products
- The application of paint, varnish or other coating or chemical not approved by Poly-Wood or the application of heat or radiation from an external source, such as a barbecue grill, another appliance, fire or reflection from windows or doors
- Any lack of compatibility between our products and any other product not manufactured by us that causes damage to or failure of our products
- Labor, transportation or assembly costs
- Color or pattern variance between any new replacement section or pieces and other sections or pieces. (We reserve the right to discontinue or modify any product line or color without notifying the original purchaser. If the original product is not available, we retain the right to choose to provide replacement material of equal value or quality)
- Damage caused by, among other things, use of incompatible accessories, intentional acts, unreasonable use, misuse, physical abuse, vandalism, riot, insurrection or civil disorder, accidents or corrosive atmospheres (such as those contaminated by acid rain, harmful chemicals or vapors), or any act of God (such as fire, flooding, hurricane, earthquake, tornado, lightning, ice, etc.), environmental condition (such as air pollution, mold, mildew, etc.), staining from foreign substances (such as dirt, grease, oil, etc.), or normal weathering (defined as exposure to sunlight, weather and atmosphere which may cause any colored surface to gradually fade, darken, chalk, or accumulate dirt or stains)
- Assembly of hardware, accessory items or defects caused by their assembly
Proper maintenance of your product is required to support the benefits of this warranty. This warranty is voided in the event that there are indications of abuse or neglect to the furniture. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear effects on the furniture, which are received by regular use of the furniture.
For service under this warranty, first contact the POLYWOOD retailer from whom you purchased the product. Warranty claims may be submitted by the retailer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting a claim, you will be required to submit the written description of the defect, proof of purchase receipt including the date. Be prepared to supply photographs of the product. Once documentation has been received and evaluated, Poly-Wood’s sole responsibility shall be, at its option, to repair or replace defective component, to repair or replace defective furniture, or authorize repairs by a third party, and the Purchaser will be notified of the solution. Should defective product no longer be available, Poly-Wood may replace with similar product of our choosing. All returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization prior to being returned. Poly-Wood will provide a one-attempt call tag for those items it requires be returned under our warranty. Failure to return product via Poly-Wood’s call tag will transfer responsibility to return product to Purchaser at their own cost. If product is not returned within 30 days of Return Authorization, Purchaser is responsible for all shipping charges that may apply. All returns must have the RMA # clearly visible on outside of shipping box. Failure to return requested defective product will result in forfeiture of any credit
Under the POLYWOOD warranty, replacement of defective product will require Purchaser to pay for the replacement. Once the defective product is returned to Poly-Wood and evaluation confirms it is defective, credit will be issued to the purchaser. Should Purchaser return defective product to Poly-Wood prior to shipment of replacement, any credit would be applied to replacement product.
No person or entity is authorized by Poly-Wood to make and Poly-Wood shall not be bound by any statement or representation as to the quality or performance of POLYWOOD products other than as contained in this warranty. This warranty may not be altered or amended except in a written instrument signed by Poly-Wood and Purchaser
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL POLY-WOOD BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE, AND POLY-WOOD’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE, AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Some states do not allow the exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
This warranty shall only be applicable and enforceable in the United States of America and Canada.
This warranty is effective for products purchased on or after 1/1/2016
Care and Maintenance
POLYWOOD Furniture is
Easy to Clean
Whether your outdoor furniture needs a quick clean before guests arrive or a heavier “spring clean”, it doesn’t take much effort for your POLYWOOD furniture to look like new.
How to Clean
Use this method for a quick clean-up here and there throughout the season — adding in the bleach solution to eliminate any stubborn stains or dirt build-up from the winter months.
- Mix mild dish soap and warm water in a bucket.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the soapy mixture onto the surfaces of your furniture, cleaning off any dirt.
- For extra cleaning power, mix 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water.
- Apply bleach mixture to furniture with a clean cloth and allow it to sit on the lumber for a few minutes (this will not affect the color).
- Loosen any dirt and debris that may catch in the surface grooves of the lumber by scrubbing the bleach mixture with a soft-bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Added Cleaning Power
If you haven’t cleaned your furniture in a year it’s time to go big. Plus, using a high-pressure power washer is pretty satisfying.
- First, use a high-pressure power washer (not to exceed 1,500 psi) for an initial deep clean. This will really help get into the texture of the lumber
- Then, follow the steps at the left for any persistent spots, rinsing thoroughly when complete.